Compensation: $130,126.67 - $160,420.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Chubb is committed to digital transformation which requires agility throughout the enterprise not only to respond to the market demands but more importantly, to continue to lead the market and stay ahead of the curve. This agility includes the ability to rapidly develop, test and deploy software using DevOps principles and technologies.
As a Junior Software Development Engineer in the Financial Lines IT Core Team you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the end-to-end technology, development & delivery of Financial Lines Studio enabling new business opportunities and operational efficiencies Studio Underwriting & Admin Platform utilizing the SAFe Agile methodology. This role is takes into account all upstream and downstream integrations/interfaces as applicable to the Financial Lines Studio directive within Chubb.
* Development and implementation of Studio Features
* Support, maintaining and troubleshooting production issues on the Studio platform
* Estimation for changes and development proposed
* Operate develop in an agile-based operating model
* Partner with the Chubb Duck Creek Factory to integrate these features into Studio
* Partner with the Financial Lines Capabilities Team to integrate these features into Studio
* Upstream and Downstream Integration
This position is primarily located in Whitehouse Station, NJ but requires travel to other Chubb office locations on an as needed basis.
* 0-2 years relevant work experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Engineering or other related education background with strong software development expertise.
* Experience with Agile/Lean Methodologies
* Good knowledge and understanding of P&C Insurance
* Strong written and oral communication skills to be able to clearly describe and discuss problems.
* Experience in coordinating and managing the day to day activities
* Provide support in identifying risks and issues and help manage them
* Has excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills and is able to refactor the code on complex functionality independently.
* Has the ability to write trustable test code that is simple, verifiable and easy to maintain.
* Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team in a fast paced environment working on multiple initiatives in parallel
* Eager to share ideas and learn from other team members.
* Experience with test and behavior driven development is a plus
* Good understanding or hands on experience of any Microsoft Azure collude development technology
* A person who can pick up APIM development within a span of 1 to 2 weeks
* Experience in handling requests for Cloud services deployment activities
* Proficiency with programming languages, preferably C#
* Experience with developing and testing software solutions
* Knowledge of and experience on object-oriented software development and design patterns
* Demonstrated knowledge in SOAP/RESTful APIs and in test automation using tools like SOAPUI Pro or Postman and ReadyAPI
* Understanding of CI/CD concepts and best practices including build and source control automation tools Jenkins and Git
* Knowledge of service virtualization and test data management with tools
* Proficient in querying the database with complex queries and joins.
Who are we looking for?
Successful professionals at Chubb come from many backgrounds and experiences and bring that rich diversity with them to our company. They also have some things in common and these attributes will lead to your success at Chubb:
* Results orientation: a demonstrated ability to meet commitments under pressure
* Practical intellectual adaptability: capable and successful at adapting to new knowledge
* Personal capacity: accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time
* Communication skills: an ability to communicate successfully in various settings
* Interpersonal/team skills: works effectively with colleagues at all levels
* Self-leadership: an ability to take full ownership of work and show initiative as needed
* Client focused: understanding of the needs of customers and clients
* Work ethic: a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: algorithm, c++, develop, devops, perl, python, sdet, software development engineer, software programmer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...