Summary: This position will oversee a team of developers that enhances the ClaimVision Suite of Applications. The position reports to the Claims IT Manager and is accountable for delivering small system enhancements in line with strategic business objectives and priorities. The ideal candidate will combine strong leadership skills, hands-on technical capabilities and a knack for effectively managing technology to meet business goals.
- Engage in hands-on, in-depth analysis, review and design of system enhancements, including technical review and analysis of source code. Lead reviews of in-house developed code, as well as technologies provided by 3rd party vendors.
- Create and review technical designs for large and complex features
- Provide regular communication to management about the progress, risk, and changes to the application and enhancements
- Implement an effective system of project governance and create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Conduct post-implementation reviews to discuss and document successes and lessons-learned for future projects
- Manage a team of developers and work with quality assurance and production support staff
- Work with business staff to identify and document business requirements for development projects to ensure development meets or exceeds customer requirements
- Strong breadth of knowledge in modern software technologies, including, but not limited to Java, .Net and DB2. Good understanding of established development standards and best practices including Agile methodology.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing and leading teams
- Bachelor s Degree in IT-related area
- Insurance related experience preferred
- Communicates effectively
- Works independently
- Requires minimal supervision
- Customer focused
- Sets priorities
- Organized and efficient
- Able to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Motivation/Initiative: Motivated and curious, willing to ask questions, research issues and take on challenging projects/assignments, creative, brings new ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence. Has tenacity and strong motivation to achieve.
- Administrative Skills: Possesses ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks, recognizes and attends to important details with accuracy and efficiency, effectively prioritizes work of staff members. Works to complete goals, tasks and plans, anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal Style: (Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Teamwork); develops and maintains effective working relationships; listens attentively to others; communicates ideas clearly (written & verbal); relates to people in an open and sincere manner; participates effectively in meetings; assists in finding solutions as well as identifying problems; communicates appropriately with supervisor, managed staff and co-workers. Able to manage other individuals and maintain calm and reliable demeanor in the face of challenges.
- Self-Management: (Adaptability/Flexibility, Stress Tolerance, Autonomy); adapts readily to changes in routine; works effectively in stressful situations; needs limited guidance and direction; is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; is reliable and dependable; is results-oriented; maintains productivity and composure under pressure; views problems as opportunities to create solutions.
- Cognitive Skills: Diagnoses problems efficiently; gathers sufficient input before making decision or plans; makes timely decision, quickly determines sources of problem, identifies information needed to solve problem and analyzes alternative solutions, communicates issues and decisions effectively to team.
- Customer Oriented: Sensitive & responsive to internal and external customer needs; demonstrates skills in customer service and satisfaction; maintains a positive attitude, willing to listen to customer problems and seek solutions; stays in tune with changing needs of customers.
Travel: Minimal as needed to visit remote offices/partners.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Whitehouse Station - A
-Yes, 25 % of the Time
-Sep 6, 2019, 10:54:44 AM