- Job Juncture
34 Langone Rd
Responsibilities: The Plant Manager is responsible for providing direction and strategic planning in all areas of responsibility to include administration, production, processing, packaging, quality, maintenance, warehousing, shipping, purchasing, safety, and environmental. This role serves as a liaison between this plant and corporate departments to include Operations, Sales, New Product Development, QA, Finance, Customer Service, Distribution, Procurement, and Human Resources, as well as to State and Federal regulatory agencies.
This position is responsible for all aspects of operations at this site. This individual must ensure that production is scheduled in an efficient manner, and that a properly trained workforce is maintained to ensure that processes are executed safely and with a focus that optimizes manufacturing costs while meeting company product quality standards.
This individual will be responsible to maintain and consistently manage company policies and programs, and will have direct responsibility to maintain the facility within high quality standards that meet or exceed regulatory and customer specifications.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for all plant operations including coordination between departments to ensure that all production, maintenance, safety, quality and sanitation goals are met. Ensure that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOP s) are developed and maintained for all aspects of the business.
- Act as a conduit to provide feedback to corporate on changes of processes and procedures and how they impact the products and employees on the front lines.
- Select, mentor and motivate departmental leaders within the plant.
- Coordinate, attend and maintain effective and efficient production, safety, quality, maintenance and sanitation meetings.
- Work with departmental leaders to influence and lead change that will improve individual, team and business performance.
- Provide coaching to plant maintenance, quality, safety, logistics, sanitation and production team leaders.
- Provide supervisory and leadership responsibility in the areas of performance management, employee relations, mentoring, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations and employee corrective actions.
- Partner with Human Resources on talent management, company policy, performance reviews and talent acquisition.
- Continuous improvement initiatives: responsible for expense control, to include shrink, labor and overhead costs.
- Implement plant safety programs and ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the Plant SQF & Food Security Policy / Program to assess potential food security risks. Ensure that food security preventive measures are being implemented and routinely audited regarding the manufacturing, handling and storage of all food ingredients, as well as finished goods.
- Responsible for all corporate, customer and government audits to ensure compliance. Maintain the facility in an audit-ready state.
Bachelor of Science with 5-7 years related experience (dairy)
- Dairy experience is required. Cheese and/or cultured dairy experience is preferred.
- Strong experience and knowledge base to identify and solve potential problem areas in operations, quality, financial, and regulatory compliance to minimize risk to the organization.
- Experience in a management and/or supervisory capacity.
- Proficiency in operational finances, capital expenditures, and industry standards.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change.
Associated topics: cultivate, fertilize, manage, management, mow, prune, scanner, ship, transplant, watering
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...