- UnitedHealth Group
- $82,010.00 -105,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
415 Old Tappan Rd
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Reporting to the Regional Director of Nursing, the primary role of the Onboarding Nurse is to facilitate the initial and ongoing education and competency validation for all field nurses within a defined geographic area. This roles focus on providing field nurse orientation and competency validation will impact nursing job satisfaction, increase workplace longevity, and positively influence patient care and NPS scores. The Onboarding Nurse works collaboratively with Branch DONs and Regional Nurse Managers (RNMs) to prepare field nurses for safe and effective direct patient care, and to effectively communicate patient outcomes to other members of the clinical care team (e.g., clinical coordinators, pharmacists, sales representatives). Additional duties may include medical record review, clinical process auditing, plan of treatment completion and tracking, documentation education, and nursing supervisory visits.
If you are located in North East Region (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania), you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
75% travel, primarily in New York
- Serve as the primary onboarding liaison for newly hired nurses, helping them connect the dots between their New Employee Orientation (NEO), Nurse Onboarding program, and the actual performance of required skills in the delivery of patient care in the field
- Utilize a variety of nursing tools (e.g., models for demonstrating access device initiation, care and maintenance; infusion pumps and related supply items) to validate nurse competency, including direct observation and coaching during patient visits, and alignment of field nurses with preceptors and mentors when appropriate
- Assist in the training of Nursing Supervisors, Directors of Nursing, and Clinical Coordinators based on the needs of each Branch location in the assigned area, and as determined by the Regional DON. Such training will be based on the specific nursing job code/description, and the key roles and responsibilities for each position, as well as the nursing organizational structure in their area
- Specific elements of training to be provided may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review of nurse job description, including key roles and responsibilities
- Completion of nurse knowledge and skills assessment, to be used in the development of a nurse-specific orientation and field competency program
- Assessment of nurse competency via skills lab training; pump training; and infusion therapy review
- Review of organization structure, with coordination of staff introductions and time for reviewing roles and responsibilities with other members of the care team
- Review of Click Mobile and nurse visit scheduling requirements
- Review of patient electronic medical record (EMR) systems [Carelink, CPR+ , Webportal, Care Exchange] and review/validation of documentation expectations
- Review of physician orders for nursing services vs. pharmacy prescriptions, including nursing Plans of Treatment and supplemental physician orders
- Review of on-call procedures, including call routing via company On-call service provider
- Discussion of accreditation standards and relevant policies and procedures
- Review Enterprise systems and resources required for all roles (e.g., LearnSource for timely completion of required training; Global Self Service (GSS) for timesheet record-keeping requirements and employee MAP goals/performance self-evalaution; Concur for expense and mileage entry
- Review of the nurses role in the Branch Performance Improvement Program, including Event and Patient/Referral Source Complaint Reporting and follow-up
- Active and unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state(s) of practice and others as requested
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing. Graduates of accredited diploma or associate nursing programs may be considered based on significant professional experience
- Two (2)+ years of experience working as an RN in a clinical care setting that contributes to proficiency in infusion therapy (such as medical surgical unit, emergency department, intensive care unit, post-anesthesia care unit, or similar setting)
- Two (2)+ years of demonstrated leadership experience including teaching skills in Nursing
- Home Infusion Experience
- Professional presence, including comfort level providing education to individuals and groups
- Proficient with electronic medical record documentation
- Willing and able to work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals including pharmacists and technicians, physicians and other licensed prescribers, registered dietitians, home health agencies (HHAs), sales representatives, and others as needed to provide comprehensive care and support of patients and caregivers
- Willing and able to work independently in home or alternate-site settings, with overnight travel as required
- Willing and able to assume a flexible work schedule
- Willing and able to meet attendance, overtime, after-hours on-call, and other reliability requirements of the position
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable travel to customer and/or patient sites
- Masters Degree in Nursing
- Experience as a Nurse Educator
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office and electronic medical records (EMR) programs
- Knowledge of the Infusion Nursing Society (INS) standards of practice, policies and procedures
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA patient privacy and data security requirements, OSHA employee protection regulations, and accreditation standards for home health and home infusion pharmacy
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here youll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, youre empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Onboarding Nurse, Nurse Educator, Home Infusion, Infusion Nurse, Nurse Manager, BriovaRx, NY, New York, NJ, New Jersey, PA, Pennsylvania
Associated topics: asn, ccu, infusion, intensive care, intensive care unit, nurse, psychiatric, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...